Sunday, August 8, 2010

Abundant Gratitude and Joyful Anticipation

Today is a quiet and thoughtful Sunday. Although I am thankful to the Lord all of the time for the many blessings he bestows on me every minute of every day, I am especially thankful today.

All around me I see people suffering every day - from ignorance, from lack, from spiritual emptiness - and I can only look to heaven and lift up a prayer of Thanksgiving for all of the provision I have in my life.

I have a family who loves me, friends who are supportive of the Lord's calling on my life and in supplying for my earthly needs as I serve Him. I have close working relationships with people who love the Lord as I do and desire only to do their parts to manifest His Will here on earth. And above all, I have a Savior who goes before me in everything I do, preparing my path and then walking it with me. I want for nothing and my spirit is the most at peace it has ever been in my life.

It has been over two years since I have seen my wife and I am anticipating her upcoming visit with so much anticipation, delight and joy. She is my partner in this walk even though the path has led me to be distant from her for this long. I am so blessed to have a spouse who understands and appreciates that God does, indeed, work in mysterious ways and encourages me as I step into some of uncertain places He leads me.

Please pray for my wife's safe travel to, within and from Haiti. Please pray that our reunion is one of joy and of peace for our spirits. Words cannot even express how grateful I am for the time we will be able to spend together. I love you, Sherry, and can't wait to hold you in my arms again.

Rejoicing,
Roody

No comments:

Post a Comment