Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Trying to Keep Up With God

I always thought missionaries carefully planned each step they took so as to ensure they were in step with God. That's the way I've always conducted my personal life - trying to remain at Jesus' side each day. Being in Haiti for the last few years has forced me to take a somewhat different approach - I find myself running just trying to keep up with what God is doing!!

Work on Community Four just began less than a week ago and it will be complete and ready for final inspection in no time. God has been really busy!

When I dropped in the other day to check on progress, there were already residents milling around looking at their units with pride and exclaiming how they just can't wait to move in (at right).

The frames are up and it should only take a few more days for the men to attach the tarp walls and metal roofs.

Steve, president of our newest ministry partner, CoAid, is planning to come to Haiti in about two weeks to look at the completed communities and help plan for the possibility of more land leases to accomodate more communities.

I can't wait to see what God has in store...I'd better keep my running shoes on!!!

Breathless With Excitement,
Roody

No comments:

Post a Comment