Monday, February 8, 2010

Good Afternoon,

I am really tired but blessed by my trip to the city of Croix du Bouquets. Another ministry graciously shared some of their precious food supply with us so we could provide food for some of our girls. Louna, Emmanuella, and Sandra are especially in need because they live up on the mountain and no aid has reached their area.

It is also dangerous for them to travel down the mountain into the city. And it is especially dangerous for them to try to carry food back up. People carrying food are really likely to be mugged, shot or worse. Even though it causes a lot of extra work to get the food to them, it is safer and worth the extra effort. I have asked Ronald to e-mail some photos to you tomorrow.

The baby formula has not arrived in Haiti yet. Susan told me that it IS in Florida, but does not know when it will actually ship out. I still have to figure out how I am going to pick it up. I still REALLY NEED A TRUCK. I hired someone to drive me today because I absolutely HAD to pick up the food for our girls, but it is expensive to do that and even if you are willing to pay, there is not always someone who is willing to let you hire them to accomplish your work.

One good thing about being in need is that it brings out the best in people who are willing to help you. Some wonderful people have contacted me – from California, from North Carolina, from Ohio…offering prayers and several different types of assistance. I am being blessed by each of them. Some of them said they heard my interview with Dick Gordon on National Public Radio and were led to help us reach out in love. God is most definitely moving in mighty ways!

Even with everything that is going on, I am hopeful. I know that many times God waits until the last minute to see if we will hold to our faith. I am holding!

Be Blessed,Roody

No comments:

Post a Comment