Saturday, February 27, 2010

What God is Up to Today

A week or so ago, God supplied us with a “talking Bible” (looks like a little radio and can be recharged manually with a crank or by solar power). This is a great tool to provide the gospel to those who cannot read or see. In addition, the talking bibles can also be used to reach young children who are not accomplished readers but are good listeners.

Just a few weeks ago I met a Pastor named Ronel Mesidor. He invited me to come and visit his church. As I spoke of our hearts at PPM and our approaches to reaching young children and teens in Haiti for Christ, he told me that he has an outreach program at his church meeting the needs of 435 children daily.

After my prayer time this morning, God placed on my heart to visit Pastor Mesidor’s child development center. It is amazing what Jesus is doing in the midst of this church! In fact, I would like to see PPM present this facility with a few more of the talking Bibles. I know they will put them to very good use to reach the children they serve.

The center is a very well organized operation. I had the pleasure to learn about their programs from Willy C. Vertus, linguistics teacher, Evans Gabriel, Program & Recreation Director, Jean Yves Valcourt, Social Worker, and Ford Deralien the Director in charge. They minister to the spiritual, social, physical and psychological need of the children it serves each day.

My greatest impression of the program is the Jesus-focused approach for the whole development of a functional human being. I would like to bring our kids here to this program to learn and volunteer their time and, hopefully, take their experiences back to the camps or communities where they are living.

Please pray that we soon get either a vehicle or the use of a vehicle when we need it -- I need a vehicle, Jesus, soon. This is exciting!!

In His Service,
Roody

No comments:

Post a Comment