Thursday, March 18, 2010

A New Partnership for Promised Provision

FROM REBECCA: Roody called this evening to say that, once again, he cannot get an internet signal, so he asked me to relate the following to everyone for him:

The past week has been full of challenges made somewhat easier by having my new cell phone. Thanks so much for this great tool! The other MAJOR improvement in life for me was being able to buy the motorcycle last week!!! I bought a huge heavy chain and a sturdy lock to protect it. As I said, I have been trying to send photos and will keep trying so you can see my new wheels. I feel very blessed and even stylish riding around on our little red beauty – can’t wait for you to be able to see it.

So many things have happened since I was last able to update you. I guess the biggest news is that I went to visit our friends, Marc and Lisa, last week to pick up some food they graciously shared with us. While I was there, Marc introduced me to Jeff (with me at right), a field director with Samaritan’s Purse. He and his people are based at Marc’s place and he took time out of his busy day to meet and pray with me.

Jeff was so excited to hear about our programs and our goals to mentor and empower people rather than just give them handouts that he suggested a possible partnership in Leogane.

This partnership would involve his organization building a village of temporary shelters for over 100 families if we could come up with a piece of land for them to build on. They will build the village complete with water and sanitation. What a surprise to go for a few boxes of food and leave with such potential!!!!

The land we helped Bethesda Ministry buy last year has already been planted for food, so we didn’t look to it for the answer to our search for land. My dad and I know some folks here in Leogane who have a nice piece of land that fits the requirements for this village, so we went to visit them. We were able to secure the right to use the land for one year if we can pay the owners $1600.00 for the year. WHAT A FABULOUS VALUE – WE CAN PROVIDE SHELTER FOR 100 FAMILIES FOR A FULL YEAR FOR ONLY $1600.00 COST TO US. Please do whatever you can to tell everyone about this need because it will give such a tremendous value for our dollars. PLEASE PRAYERFULLY CONSIDER HELPING US PAY FOR THE USE OF THIS LAND SO WE CAN PARTNER WITH SAMARITAN’S PURSE IN THIS GREAT VENTURE.

In prayer for miracles…

Roody, PPM Team Haiti

No comments:

Post a Comment