Thursday, March 18, 2010

PRAYER REQUESTS

FROM REBECCA: Poor Roody is bursting at the seams with news and still cannot get a signal to send messages or photos, so I’m passing along his news:

I have not been able to get an internet signal – AGAIN . It is now 10:30pm and I am giving up for another day. But so much happened today that I want to share with everyone.

I went to the U.S. Embassy in Port-au-Prince early this morning hoping for an appointment with the immigration people. The director had promised to see me about my return to the U.S. and several issues concerning our girls. When I got there, I was disappointed to learn that he was out of the office today. His people told me to try again in a few days. You just have to love it here – you travel for an hour to get somewhere only to be told to try again – it happens all of the time – you just have to get used to it..

The good news is that the people there took pity on me and gave me an appointment to see him on Friday morning at 9:00am. I humbly ask everyone to pray for this meeting – that the director will be moved to use his authority to bring about a waiver for me to come home and to bring resolution to the immigration issues pending for our girls, Darline and Sandra.

As you know, Darline traveled to the U.S. on 01/18/10 to be with her adoptive parents, Jerry and Rebecca, of our ministry. However, the U.S. government is now telling them that she does not have citizenship like they were told by Homeland Security when they delivered her home in January. PLEASE PRAY FOR DARLINE’S U.S. CITIZENSHIP TO BE CONFIRMED. She is already attending school in Florida, is a registered volunteer in the nursery at her church, is a member of a church youth group and a county sports league – in short, she is already on course to be a productive American citizen and neither she nor Jerry and Rebecca should have to have this type of bureaucratic confusion hanging over their heads.

We are currently fighting for Sandra to be brought to the U.S. to receive the medical care she needs as well as education and hope for a future. Sandra was almost fatally injured in a hit-and-run accident in 2008 and the earthquake has worsened her injuries. She needs medical care that is not available here in Haiti, so Robin with the support of Promised Provision is doing all that she can to have her moved to Florida for care. I have been told it seems Robin’s efforts are paying off because the Shriners Hospital in Tampa, Florida, is considering Sandra for their humanitarian program of medical care. PLEASE PRAY THAT A VISA WILL BE ISSUED FOR SANDRA TO TRAVEL TO THE U.S. FOR CARE.​


As for me, I am hanging in there. Although I tire easily now, each day is filled with an abundance of blessings and I know the Lord will allow me to travel home to see a doctor in His perfect timing. PLEASE PRAY FOR GOD TO CLEAR THE WAY FOR ME TO COME HOME SOON.

The good news is that I have met so many great networking partners since the earthquake. I am honored to be developing relationships with representatives from churches around the U.S. who have invited us to present Promised Provision Ministries to their churches. There are representatives from various governmental organizations and other non-profits that have learned of our programs and goals and have offered difference types of assistance so that we may attain those goals and better serve our people in Leogane. Each day is bringing an abundance of new friends and people who share our heart and vision for God’s children here in Haiti. It is very exciting!

I have high hopes of Promised Provision developing long-lasting, meaningful relationships with these folks for the sake of God’s Kingdom! I know God will work all of my time here to His perfect purposes and knowing that makes all of this worthwhile.

Fatigued and yearning for sleep, I leave you for tonight.

Expect Miracles,
Roody, PPM Team Haiti

No comments:

Post a Comment