Thursday, July 8, 2010

Light at the End of the Tunnel

Busy day today!! Picked up Sandra's motorcycle AND put finishing touches on negotiations to secure another land lease for the construction of another small temporary shelter community. This five-acre parcel of land lies directly adjacent to our first village and will house 54 additional families. We are so blessed to have been given this opportunity!

To add to my joy today, I found out that my wife is planning to come here for a visit. I miss her so much and my spirits are soaring at the thought of seeing her in the next few weeks!! Those of you who know my story know that I came here in February 2008 planning to stay for about two weeks and have ended up being stuck here all of this time. I know God has used me to accomplish a lot for Him during this time, and I have been happy to serve Him, but I still miss my family and my life in the states. A visit from my wife will be a breath of fresh air to me -- there is light at the end of this tunnel.

Rejoicing in His Mercies,
Roody

No comments:

Post a Comment