Thursday, July 29, 2010

Joyous News: Marie Yolene

I have great news to share!

I received an update about little Marie Yolene, the two year old we helped after the earthquake. If you recall, her arm was severely burned in the quake and all that had been done for it was to wrap it in a towel. When I first saw her, her aunt was so distressed because little Marie was suffering (left). The doctor I took her to told her aunt that, without proper treatment, she would have probably died within a week or so of the horrible infection that had set into her arm.

After she saw the doctor and I helped Danita's people relocate her to their orphanage, I lost track of her. Brittany, one of the workers at Danita's, contacted me yesterday and provided an update on little Marie:

Marie Yolene, who we now call Marie Joy, is doing great! Actually, her aunt came to live and work with us a few months ago. She is also doing really great, living and working with all our children from Port-Au-Prince. The aunt is going to start going to school in the fall and continue working with us. Marie's arm has completely healed, as you can see, with only a couple scars left which will most likely heal soon. She has gained weight, is starting to talk, and has a HUGE personality. She's joyful and spunky :)

Thank you so much, Brittany, for letting us know how well Marie is doing! You made my day!

Joyful,
Roody

No comments:

Post a Comment